La Dolce Vita is thrilled to present the 2015 Paris and Loire Valley Tour, planned for you with the utmost care. This year's excursion to Paris has beenmany months in the making-- brainstorming, adding, deleting, grooming, detailing. Communicating with a 6 hour time difference and the fact many of the the French only work a 4 day week, has certainly slowed down the planning, and made me reach a new level of patience! C'est la Vie! Jennifer Wright, a Baron Baptiste-certified yoga instructor and my personal trainer (Don't base your opinion on my body; she refuses to staple my mouth shut), will be our daily source of fitness and inspiration. I am excited to have her back this year!
Daily Itinerary, Subject to slight changes:
Sunday, Sept 13:
*Arrive in Paris and check into your hotel, the Hotel Vendome, located on the Place de Vendome
*8:00 Dinner at hotel or somewhere else
Monday, Sept 14:
*Morning yoga and breakfast
*Pick up at 9:30 for a 3 hour tour of the Louvre with private English speaking guide.
*12:30 Lunch on your own-- or come with Jennifer and Laura to Les Deux Maggots, a favorite haunt of Hemingway, Fitzgerald and other writers and artists in St. Germain. Not included in price.
* 3:00-6:00 Private Savory Cooking Class at Lenotre, the only place David Leibowitz has taken classes
*7:30 Bus arrives to take us to the famous Lido, for a raucous Cabaret show.
1/2 bottle of champagne included for everyone.
*Private bus brings us home.
Tuesday, Sept 15:
*Breakfast and morning yoga
* 9:30 Private Tour of some of Paris' greatest sites with English speaking guide
* Afternoon free
* Afternoon Yoga
* 7:30 Scenic ride down the Seine on the Bateau Mouche. Unforgettable!
Wednesday, Sept 16:
* Breakfast and Yoga
* 10-1-ish Shop with Laura at a few of her favorite spots:
Au Bain Marie
Le Grande Epicerie
Lunch with me at Ralph Lauren
*Attend a French yoga class with Jennifer!
*Afternoon and evening at your leisure. Great suggestions will be provided
Thursday, Sept 17:
* Early breakfast
* Leave at 8:00 for Versailles and the Loire Valley with a private bus and our own English speaking guide.
* Visit the incomparable Palace of Versailles. I am hoping to go over to Marie Antoinette's private little area, where she recreated her very own Austrian farm area. We will grab some lunch before boarding the bus to go to the Loire Valley.
* Scenic 2-hour drive to the Loire Valley
* Tour Chambord Castle.
* Evening check-in to our hotel, the Domaine de la Toriniere and dinner.
Friday, Sept 18:
* Yoga and Breakfast
*Visit Chateau de Chenonceau, my very favorite of all the chateaux. This castle of graceful proportions, black and white marble floors, and the famed arched bridge, was once owned by Catherine de Medici. That gal had style.
*After stopping for lunch in a little village, our guide will take us to Azy le Rideau, another chateau built on the water.
* After visiting this magnificent castle, we will go to a local vineyard for a wine tasting. Here you may sample, as well as purchase, the delicious wines of the Loire Valley. What a relaxing way to end a wonderful day in the countryside.
* Dinner on your own
Saturday, Sept 19:
* Yoga and Breakfast
* Today we depart for Cheverny, a chateau that has been owned by the same family for over 600 years.
* After lunch, we will visit the Chateau de Chaumont sur Loire, one of the most recognized of the Renaissance Chateaux.
* Farewell dinner at the hotel.
Sunday, Sept 20:
* Early yoga if possible, and Breakfast
* Early morning departure for Charles de Gaulle airport. We will drop the guests flying back to the U.S.A and then continue to Paris to drop off anyone staying or going on from there.
Per person, sharing a room: $5,600.00
Single room: $6,600.00
Checks preferred. There will be a 3% convince fee for charge cards.
-Four nights at the Hotel Vendome
-Breakfast every morning
-Dinner at hotel the first night
-Private tour of and entrance fees to the Louvre
-VOX audio system for entire duration of the trip
-Round trip private bus to the Lido
-Tickets and Champagne at Lido
-Private tour of Paris with English speaking guides
-Private cooking class at Lenotre
-Tickets for Bateau Mouche (boat trip down the Seine)
-Private bus and English speaking guide for the duration of the Loire Valley
-Entrance fees to Versailles
-Entrance fees to all chateaux
-3 nights at the Domaine de la Toriniere
-2 dinners at the Domaine de la Toriniere
-Wine tasting in the Loire Valley at a local producer
Not included in the price of the trip:
-All drinks, wine, and cocktails
-Lunch at les Deux Maggots
-Lunch at Ralph Lauren
-All lunches in the Loire Valley
-Any lunches or dinners not mentioned
-Airport transfer to hotel
-Any extras you might incur not mentioned
A nonrefundable deposit of $1,000.00 due byMarch 12.
A second deposit of 2,000.00 due by April 10.
The remaining balance is due June 10.
Cancellation policy per the agent in France:
90 days prior, 25% penalty
90-60 days prior, 50% penalty
60 days prior, 100% penalty
I HIGHLY recommend that you get trip cancellation insurance! My travel agent, Louise Leestma can help you find the kind that suites your needs.
***** The Euro is at an all-time low. It would be smart to buy some Euros now for tips, taxis, and even shopping. If the Euro goes up rapidly, we must adjust the price accordingly if you have not paid in full. By September, who knows where it will be? I have never seen it this low, so I would advise to purchase some Euros now from your bank to take with you!
Please call me with any questions. 260-341-4300. I will be available for phone calls on Tuesday.
We will have a fun meeting with all attendees with French wine and cheese to talk about the trip, those mercurial French, the Metro system, clothes, food, everything!
I have left a good amount of free time in Paris for you to explore on your own or with me. That is because several people wished for more unstructured time in Tuscany. If this does not suit you, please come with me to dinner every night! :) But I will have a long list of places to go, things to see, and food to eat.
P.S. There probably will not be a trip next year, as 2016 is already sizing up to be very busy and full. Therefore, this trip to Paris and the Loire Valley will be made even more special. I hope you will join us!